This sauce is yummy. It really does taste like broccoli, so if you are not fond of broccoli this recipe is not for you. The texture was nice and it came together easily. I found the original recipe on pinterest which was pinned from Smitten Kitchen by a lady I follow.
What you need:
- 1/2 pound of broccoli
- 1/2 pound pasta (I chose spaghetti)
- 1 TBS unsalted butter
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 small onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 5 TBS heavy cream
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
What you do:
- Boil a large pot of water for your pasta.
- Meanwhile, chop broccoli into bite-sized pieces.
- Steam your broccoli for 5 to 6 minutes. You can do this over your pasta water, or use a steamer, or do so in the microwave. Whatever works. Drain and set aside.
- Cook pasta until al dente. Reserve a cup of pasta water and set aside. Drain pasta.
- Wipe any moisture out of pot and then melt butter and olive oil together in the pot.
- Add onion and saute until tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic and cook another two minutes.
- Add broccoli, salt, and pepper and cook at medium high-heat for a few more minutes. Turn heat down to low and add cream mixture, mix well.
- Then, transfer broccoli mixture into a blender or food processor and blend until finely chopped and combined. It will be a nice green mixture, and may be dry, but we are going to add some pasta water.
- Add the broccoli to the spaghetti and add pasta water until consistency you would like. Cook for a few minutes to heat up if necessary.
- Serve and top with Parmesan cheese. Enjoy!