What you need:
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 Large Chicken Breasts, cut into bite sized pieces
- 3/4 cup pineapple juice or apple juice (we used pineapple, but apple works great)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon dry ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- cornstarch if needed
- served over rice
What you do:
1. Heat the oil in a 12-inch skillet. Arrange the chicken in the skillet. Fry over medium-heat until the chicken browns slightly. Turn and brown the other side too.
2. Pour the pineapple or apple juice into the skillet. Ad the soy sauce, brown sugar, vinegar, dry ginger, and garlic. Stir the sauce around the chicken to dissolve sugar and ginger.
3. Bring the mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and cover.
4. Simmer, covered for about 45 minutes. The liquid in the pan will thicken and coat the chicken in a very attractive sticky brown sauce. IF the liquid is too watery, then add about a tablespoon of cornstarch mixed with about 1/4 cup water and bring to a boil. The sauce will thicken for sure now! Serve over rice. (we make our rice in a rice cooker)