I had a looongg day at word this past week. I work at a high school as a Mathematics teacher and sometimes Parent Teacher Conference is quite the adventure. My husband made this rice for me and steamed some chicken in our electronic steamer. (one of the easiest ways to cook chicken, just set it and forget it)I have had fried rice at restaurants before, but this home-made kind was even better! We have made it multiple times since and I always forget to take a better picture. I don’t know why the picture looks so unappetizing because it really is delicious. I really don’t spend much time plating or taking pictures of my food…I want to eat it while it is hot! One day I will become a better food photographer – but for now this is all you get.
What you need:
- 3-4 cups cooked rice (cooled)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 TBS canola oil or olive oil
- 1/4 cup green onions, thinly sliced (we just used chives ones and it turned out yummy)
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 2 TBS soy sauce
- 1/4 cup frozen peas (optional, if you like peas, we didn’t include them because I am not a fan)
What you do:
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper and cook in a large skillet or wok until scrambled but still moist. Remove the eggs and reserve for later.
- Wipe the skillet or wok down with a paper towel to remove egg residue – add oil.
- Saute onion and carrot until carrot is tender.
- Add rice, peas (if using), and soy sauce, and scrambled egg. Toss and heat throughout.