This chicken recipe is amazing. It is about as easy as it gets and the end result is flavorful. It shreds amazingly and can be used in a variety of dishes. I have done burritos, tacos, casseroles, and today TOSTADAS! I love an easy CrockPot recipe that won’t heat up my whole house in the summer. CrockPot recipes are also good when I am at work all day and I can just set it and forget it. We favor chicken at our house so aside from The Best Pot Roast Ever recipe we cook a lot of chicken in our CrockPot. We ate these with a side of black beans. I usually get my black beans from a can, but one day I want to learn how to make them in a pressure cooker. Anyway, here is the CrockPot Chicken Tostadas recipe, Enjoy!
What you need:
- 3-4 boneless and skinless chicken breast
- 16 or 20 oz jar of salsa (any kind)
- 1 package mild taco seasoning
- Hard Tostada shells. (We buy our own at Wal-Mart – I included a picture, they are tasty)
- Iceberg lettuce, shredded
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, quartered (or any cut tomatoes)
- 2 lines, quartered
- 16 oz can black re-fried beans (you could use pinto, I just prefer black)
- sour cream
What you do:
- Place the chicken breasts in crock pot and cover with salsa and taco seasoning. Stir to combine.
- Cook on low for 5-7 hours until chicken is cooked through.
- Remove the chicken from the crock pot and shred. Return back to the CrockPot until time to serve.
- Heat re-fried beans on the stove top in a small sauce pan. Stir with a spatula until beans are a smooth consistency and warmed through.
- Assemble the tostadas. You can spread the re-fried beans on the bottom with the spatula and then top with the chicken and garnish with lettuce, cheese, sour cream, tomatos, etc.
- Enjoy! This is one of my husbands favorites!