This casserole is the best ever! It is delicious and super versatile The recipe below feeds 4-6, but it can easily be cut in half or double. You can easily omit ingredients or add more in and it has always been delicious. You can eat it as a taco salad, or you can do what we do and pair it with Fritos scoops corn chips and eat it more like a dip. I have used tortilla chips as well, and that was yummy too. It really is just a dump it in and good it kind of thing. I know that the picture is gross looking,
What you need:
- 1 large can red enchilada sauce (or 2 small cans)
- 2 can black beans, drained
- 1 cup frozen corn (I use sweet white corn)
- 1 small can diced green chilies, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup cheese (I did the Colby/Monterrey jack blend)
- 1/2 pound of ground beef (you could use more if you like things more meaty)
- 1 bag fritos scoops corn chips, or other chips for serving.
What you do:
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown the ground beef in a skillet.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the drained black beans, frozen corn, green chilies, and cheese.
- When the ground beef has been browned, add the beef to bowl and gently combine.
- Pour in your desired amount of enchilada sauce. I pour in enough until everything is saucy, but not soupy.
- Pour into a 9×13 casserole dish or two 8×8 dishes. The picture shown above is an 8×8 dish because my husband can’t eat dairy, so I made him his own dish without cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes (uncovered)or until warmed thorugh. You will notice it bubbling on the outside edges.
- Garnish with cheese, sour cream, quac and scoop with the fritos. YUMMY!