Strawberry Chicken Salad with Strawberry Balsamic Vinaigrette
Mmmm… this salad was delicious. It is a green salad with strawberries, chicken, a little cheese, and a delicious vinaigrette. My husband and I love salad but like to mix it up every now and then.
What you need:
For the Salad:
- Salad greens (I did spinach and red lettuce, but anything would do)
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced (you’ll need another half cup for the dressing)
- 1 or 2 boneless, sinless, chicken breast, diced and cooked
- a small amount of cheese to top (optional)
For the Dressing:
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup sliced strawberries
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 TBS sugar (you can use more if the strawberries weren’t sweet enough for you)
- 1/4 tsp poppy seeds
What you do:
- Puree strawberries in a blender or food processor. Add vinegar, mustard, and seasonings. Blend, then add olive oil. Blend until creamy. Taste and adjust seasonings. Add poppy seeds.
- Compile the salad to your liking and toss with dressing.