Avocado Chicken Salad Sandwiches – No Mayo!
Mmmm… I love chicken salad sandwiches of all kinds. I have seen recipes like this one all over pinterest. My take on the recipe is below.
What you need:
- 2 cooked chicken breast, shredded
- 2 large or 3 medium avocados
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 Tbs lime juice
- 1/8 tsp garlic salt
- 1 Tbs Greek yogurt, plain
- salt and pepper to taste
- Bread, pita, flatbread, etc for serving
- Sliced tomato (optional for topping)
What you do:
- Combine: The shredded chicken, green onion, lime juice, garlic salt, and Greek yogurt in a large bowl and stir to combine and coat chicken.
- Cube avocado in a separate bowl and mash a bit, still leaving some bigger chunks.
- Add avocado to the chicken mixture and combine all together. Add salt and pepper to taste.