Herb-Roasted Chicken and Tomatoes
Oh my gosh! This dinner was soooo good. I am part of this online thing called nomoretogo.com and this was one of her recipes. I tweaked it a little to meet my personal needs and it came out delicious! So flavorful, juicy, and super easy to make.
What you need:
- 10oz grape or cherry tomatoes (I bought one of those plastic cartons)
- 1 shallot, finely sliced
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1/4 tsp dried marjoram
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/8 teaspoon rubbed sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts
- 1 TBS Worcestershire sauce
- 2 TBS white wine vinegar
What you do:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine cut each of the cherry or grape tomatoes in half.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato halves, shallot, 1 TBS of the olive oil, and herbs and stir until combined.
- In a skillet, heat the rest of the olive oil over medium heat. Salt and pepper the chicken and brown in the heated skillet for 5 minutes per side.
- Add the herbed tomato mixture and saute for 3 minutes. Transfer the contents into a baking dish and then into the oven.
- Roast for 10-15 minutes until the chicken juices are clear.
- Remove chicken and tent with foil to keep warm. Put the tomatoes back in the oven for a minute or 2 watch them carefully.
- Remove tomatoes from the oven and add them and the worcestershire and white wine vinegar back to the skillet on the stove. Simmer for about 2 minutes and serve with the chicken.