Delicious Black Beans (from a can)
There are days when we don’t have much in the fridge to make for dinner – it is days like that that we eat beans and rice. I do like cooking dry black beans but they do take longer and more planning. This recipe works awesome for canned black beans.
What you need:
- 2 cans black beans (you could do one can, but half the other ingredients)
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 2 TBS water
- salt to taste
What you do:
- Rinse and drain the cans of black beans.
- Put the beans in a medium saucepan with the 2 TBS water.
- Add the onion, garlic, and cumin. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium low.
- Add cilantro and simmer for 5 minutes, serve.