Chicken Corn Chowder
This soup is delicious. Such a smooth texture and full of flavor. I found this recipe in the Cooking Light magazine, July 2006 issue.
What you need:
- 1 TBS butter
- 6 green onions
- 2 TBS all-purpose flour
- 2 cups chopped and cooked chicken breast
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 (10 oz) packages frozen – sweet corn kernels. (thawed and divided)
- 1 (14 oz) can chicken broth (I use fat-free)
- 2 cups milk (I used 1%)
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese (more if you are cheese lovers)
What you do:
- Melt butter in a large chef skillet or dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Remove green tops from green onions and thinly slice the white portion of each onion. Add sliced onions to pan and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add flour; cook 1 minute, stirring continuously with a whisk.
- Stir in chick, salt, pepper, 1 package of corn, and broth. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 5 minutes.
- While the mixture is simmering, combine the remaining corn and milk in a blender; process until smooth. Add milk mixture to pan and simmer 2 additional minutes – or until thoroughly heated.
- Top with cheese