The Best Pot Roast Ever!
I could not have asked for a better response to this post. Gotta love pinterest. I have been getting emails about how the last post isn’t “linking” very well so you need to search my blog to find it. I am re-posting this recipe on my home page to try and solve this issue. I also updated a few things and have added a “what I do” section after the ingredients. ENJOY!
What you need:
- A 2-5 lb roast. (any kind) I use a lean cut, about 3 lbs.
- 1 envelope ranch dressing (dried) I use Hidden Valley brand, not buttermilk
- 1 envelope Italian dressing I use Western Family brand.
- 1 envelope brown gravy mix I use McCormick brand
- Potatoes and Carrots (enough to fill a bottom layer on your CrockPot) I use about 7 or 8 baby red potatoes and a half pound of carrots to feed 3-4.
- 1 to 1-1/2 cup water
What you do:
- Put any carrots and potatoes in the bottom of your CrockPot. I usually quarter my potatoes and use baby carrots.
- Put Roast on top of vegetables.
- Sprinkle all 3 spice envelopes on top.
- Add the water.
- Cook on LOW for 6-10 hours until tender and veggies cooked through.It is better to cook the roast longer. This will be sooooo tender and yummy!!
Enjoy! Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.