Bajio CrockPot Chicken
(I used mine to make a salad)
I love love love Bajios. We used to have one in Logan and one of my favorite Newlywed memories was eating there (to go) with my husband. A salad and a drink was $5! Great deal! We then would go back home and watch The Mentalist. They sadly shut the Bajios down where we live….
Anyway….I have searched for a recipe high and low for the great Lime Chicken. That recipe is no where to be found. The other Bajio chicken is rampant online. Here is my version.
What you need:
- 3-4 boneless, skinless, chicken breasts.
- 1/2 cup salsa (any brand)
- 1 TBS cumin
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 can diced green chilies (4oz)
- 1/2 a can of sprite soda
What you do:
- Combine all ingredients in a CrockPot. Cook on low for 5-6 hours. Remove chicken and shred completely.
- Return to CrockPot and cook 1 more hour. This will soak up all of the extra liquid.
- Serve with tortillas, chips, on top of a sald, etc. YUMMY!!!