Chicken Enchilada Pasta
Mmmmm….are the only words I can use to describe this pasta. It does serve about 5 or 6, but we cooked for 3 and ate it as leftovers the next day. I found this recipe on “Six Sisters’ Stuff” Blog. I just tweaked very minor details to make it something Kyle and I would love. (Kyle does NOT enjoy spicy food)
What you need:
- 2 chicken breasts cooked & shredded
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 4oz can of chilies
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 (10oz) cans green chili enchilada sauce
- 2/3 cups red enchilada sauce
- 2 cups (Colby and Monterrey jack) shredded cheese
- 1 cup sour cream
- Penne Pasta, cooked and drained
- Green Onions
- Black Olives
- Sour Cream
- Shredded Cheese
What you do:
1. Cook chicken, meanwhile,
2. Meanwhile boil pasta according to directions and chop all of the veggies.
3. Heat the olive oil in a deep skillet and cook onions for about 3-5 minutes.
4. Add garlic & red pepper and cook for another 3-5 minutes.
5. Add cooked, shredded chicken, the green chiles, cumin, chili powder, salt and both enchilada sauces. Let simmer for about 10 minutes.
6. Turn heat to LOW. Add cheese and stir until the cheese is melted and heated through. Toss in the sour cream, but do NOT BOIL! Just cook on low until everything is heated through.
7. Drain pasta & return to pot. Pour sauce over pasta. Serve and garnish with avocado, tomato, green onion, black olives, cheese, etc.